Wednesday, February 02, 2005

WELCOME!

I'm embarking on a cross-country trip in the course of accepting a job promotion and that will be the initial subject of this blog. After that, news, politics, sports, coffee, and whatever other subjects are interesting enough to write about and discuss.

24648 - mileage on the Trailblazer at the start of the Trip
1st leg - Merrimack, NH to Tappan, NY. Pit stop in Glastonbry, CT to unload some excess moving material and recaffeinate.

Moving
  1. Pile A - what the movers pack
  2. Pile B - what I want to take
  3. Pile C - not in A or B
Lessons Learned - always schedule the movers to come right before trash pickup day. This allows the size of Pile C to be controlled to fit into my vehicle (I continually think my SUV has the cubic volume of a 15' box truck for some reason). It really does take two days to clear everything out of the house. Empty boxes seem to have something in common with larvae, once they hatch, they're everywhere!

No comments: