Sunday, February 20, 2005

CALIFORNIA

I arrived in CA last Tuesday with the odometer at 29611. I-80 in Nevada has to be one of the most desolete roads in the country. There were numerous times where the only visible sources of light were from the moon and my Trailblazer. There was no Sprint cell coverage across the entire state until the Reno-Sparks area. Stats from the final leg of the drive: 979 miles in 14:15, an average speed over ground of 68.7 mph.

The rainy season is in full force in Northern California, but I guess I should have expected it since I've frequently enjoyed the great skiing conditions at nearby Lake Tahoe.

1 comment:

WillyShake said...

Glad you made it safe and sound...if a bit bored to death after that NV stretch! I've been really under the weather, but let's catch-up soon!