Saturday, October 06, 2007

Marion Jones and BALCO

So Marion Jones came clean over her use of the CLEAR, how about Mr. Barry Bonds? She'll be doing some jail time, losing her gold medals, etc. Does a similar fate await Bonds? I doubt it, he is a little older, wiser, and substantially richer. I may have to hope it comes only in the form of no contract offers for 2008. He can still produce for a fantasy team, but his salary takes up too much of the payroll (for all of the teams outside of NY and BOS) for a team to make the playoffs. I didn't see too many Giants games on TV after he passed Aaron's mark, but I wonder how many sold seats were empty seats in August and September. I hope that the management teams considering Bonds for their squads next season recognize that he was ALL OUT once the Giants communicated that they weren't going to bring him back for 2008. Very professional, Mr. Bonds. How long is Greg Anderson going to sit in the jailhouse for you?

No comments: